ABOUT | PLANNING MEMBERS
The Ohio Digitization Interest Group (OhioDIG) is an informal discussion group for archivists, librarians, and others interested in digitization, digital preservation and access of cultural heritage materials.
We meet every other month for presentations and networking. Warm weather months (May/July/Sept) are in-person meetings (usually in the central Ohio area). Meetings in months where the weather is more variable are held online (Nov/Jan/March). NOTE: Due to the pandemic we began meeting exclusively virtually in July 2020 and will continue in that mode until tentatively September 2022.
Meetings are free, thanks to our host institutions, but we do accept donations for the refreshment kitty (in-person meetings only). Meeting registration and other news is announced through the OhioDIG Listserv.
History: Formed in 2005, the group was on hiatus between spring 2009 and fall 2013, but has been meeting 6x a year since November 2013. Presentation slides and meeting notes can be found under past meetings. The history of the group is covered by The Ohio Digitization Interest Group: Face to Face for Technology (PDF), published in the Society of Ohio Archivists’ newsletter Ohio Archivist, spring 2016.
Social Media: find us on Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, and Twitter @OhioDIGgroup and #OhioDIG.
Planning Group members
The Planning Group members take turns managing the program and host arrangements for the 6x a year meetings. Additional member duties are listed beside individuals.
- Janet Carleton, digital initiatives coordinator, Ohio University Libraries, 2005-2009; 2013- (Listserv, registration, sustainability, Trello, Twitter, web administrator)
- Virginia Dressler, digital projects librarian, Kent State University Libraries, 2016- (Sustainability)
- Sidney Gao, digital imaging coordinator, University of Cincinnati Libraries, 2020- (Facebook, meeting tracking)
- Susan Hernandez, digital archivist and systems librarian, The Cleveland Museum of Art, 2021-
- Katelyn Muraleetharan, digital projects coordinator, Ohio History Connection, 2022-
- Kristen Newby, special collections supervisor, Columbus Metropolitan Library, 2019- (standing meeting host, meetings web page)
- Nick Pavlik, manuscripts and digital initiatives archivist, Bowling Green State University Libraries, 2021- (resources and tours web page, LinkedIn)
- Emily Rinaman, technical services manager, Tiffin-Seneca Public Library, 2021-
- Penelope Shumaker, metadata librarian, State Library of Ohio, 2018- (Listserv, standing meeting host)
- Nicole D. Sutton, African American special collections librarian, Columbus Metropolitan Library, 2020- (events calendar, standing meeting host)
- Adam Wanter, digital and special collections archivist, MidPointe Library System, 2016- (analytics research & assessment web page, meeting requests tracking)
- Alia Levar Wegner, digital collections librarian, Miami University Libraries, 2021-
Past Planning Group members
- Susan Allen (cofounder), Worthington Libraries, 2005-2009
- Laurie Gemmill Arp (cofounder), OCLC then/now LYRASIS, 2005-2009
- Stephanie Becker, Case Western Reserve University, 2019-2021
- Lily Birkhimer, Ohio History Connection, 2013-2019
- John Dewees, Toledo Lucas County Public Library, then/now University of Rochester, 2018-2021
- Shannon Kupfer-Trausch, State Library of Ohio, 2014-2018
- Marcus Ladd, Miami University then/now Morgan State University, 2014-2017
- Amy McCrory, The Ohio State University, 2014-2016
- Mary Manning (cofounder), The Ohio State University then/now University of Houston, 2005-2007
- Angela O’Neal (cofounder), Ohio Historical Connection then/now Columbus Metropolitan Library, 2005-2009
- Jillian Carney Ramage, Ohio History Connection, 2013-2016
- Jenni Salamon, Ohio History Connection, 2016-2020
- Rachel Senese, Cleveland Digital Public Library then/now Georgia State University, 2016-2020
- Nathan Tallman, University of Cincinnati then/now Penn State University, 2013-2017
- Jane Wildermuth, Wright State University, 2013-2018
last updated: 01 November 2020 || URL: https://www.ohiodig.org/about || maintained by: Janet Carleton || questions or comments: carleton -at- ohio.edu